Devoted to My Many Whims

10/19/2004

Sideways



This is looking to be possibly the best movie of the year--right now it's sitting along side Eternal Sunshine and the innevitable The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. I know it may look bad to put movies I haven't seen on the best-of list but with the Life Aquatic, I mean, this is Wes Anderson with Bill Murray we're talking about.

Anyway, I keep reading great things about Sideways, the new movie by Alexander Payne (About Schmidt, Election, Citizen Ruth--all recommended), and I'm getting pretty jazzed to check it out. Read the above links to the reviews or the offical site for the story. It just finished up the New York Film Festival and will be making it's way around everywhere else in the upcoming months. Also, the official site has some fun wine related extras to it--though my favorite feature is the "Life Uncorked" bits.

I created a little "On the Radar" spot on the sidebar today where I put some references to some movies that are coming up that have caught my attention. I figured I'd give this one it's own post since the ad campaign for it seems to be non-existant [at least on tv and in print media... hmm, maybe I don't need to post this...-ed.] -- but I expect once it gets closer to Award time you'll be hearing more about this one.

No comments: