Devoted to My Many Whims

10/18/2004

Game Day #5 (Army Man zine)

7th Inning -- Maybe I'm just hung up on this dynamic announcing team Fox has but I'm sorry, the word cadence does not belong in baseball. That's just my opinion, and again, I'm a bit biased against these Fox bastards. Nevermind the insane frustration these games bring me just being a fan of the Red Sox, whatever that guy's name is, I don't care if he's got ten rings on his fingers and thumbs, he should get a muzzle strapped on and given a once over with some cattle prods every time he uses that word to describe some facet of this game.

10th Inning -- Arroyo. Not a fan of the braids, but I like the hot potato he does at the end of his pitches. Hell yeah. These games are hurting me.

Commercial -- The extra in that last Believer mag.



This is the cover of a great zine reprint that came in the September issue of The Believer magazine. Army Man, America's Only Magazine. It's wirtten by George Meyer of the Simpsons and some other people including a Jack Handey Deep Thought. I recommend getting your hands on it if you can. Hilarious stuff. Click it to make it bigger.

13th Inning -- Not sure why Mirabelli doesn't get sent in... "Mesmerthighs" hasn't been hitting very well--well, I mean no one has really, but I think we've reached the point where you really couldn't make it any more stressfull than this inning. But maybe I shan't say such things.

14th Inning -- I love it when it comes to big Papi. Sorry, bad joke. But seriously... Thousands crap their pants at once... Maybe I'm amazed? I don't know how they do it, or how I can watch--no I guess I do know, it's ultimately the most entertaining (if somewhat insanely hair pulling) shit around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, I'm all for letting anyone anywhere commenting here but no soliciting pyramid scheme type things please.

BobCat said...

Those braids look stupid. God Bless Wakefield. Yes Cadence is a very good word.