Devoted to My Many Whims

10/09/2004

Bill Plympton & Hair High

BIll Plympton has created some of my favorite animated moments. I believe it was early 90's Mtv, maybe Liquid Television, where I first saw one of his short cartoons. Some of them are a good laugh, and some of them are trancendant moments of bliss. He also shows up on a lot of Spike and Mike collections and he's made more than a couple of features as well as even wining an Oscar at one point. Anyway, I'm a fan and I was more that a little happy to find out he's got a new movie on the way.



That cast is pretty great -- and Matt Groening and Michael Showalter from the State and Stella contirbute voices as well. Click on the picture for some clips but there isn't really to much else except the official press kit. And IMDB makes it seem like it's still looking for distribution as it's still doing festivals. Well, I'm hoping it comes out in one form or another sooner than later.

No comments: