Devoted to My Many Whims

10/12/2004

Game Day #1 (Roller Coaster of Pain and Delight Begins)

[Constant Updates 'Till The Game is Over]

8:00pm -- The Star Wars opening. I guess Fox doesn't have to pay much for that footage--it's a cheap idea in more ways than one. I mistakenly thought the game was going to start at 7. Just used to that time I guess. So since I've been waiting even longer than I should have all I can do is scream--get the fucking game on already! I hate pretty much everything about you Fox! [sorry, a bit jaded there] I think I'm going to put some music on, or maybe the radio--I really find all the Fox hosts and personnel a bit sinister and evil atound the edges.

Commercial -- Thinking about buying this hat.



But I'm not much of a hat wearer at all... but it makes me kind of want to start every once in a while... though I really want the sold out Pit Pat hat.

Does the words "My Big Fat" anything make anyone else's bile rise up a bit? And that Nomar song should never grace airwaves again ever.

1st Inning -- Don't like the looks of this. Fans sound pretty intense... That's okay, too early to get too worried about anything.

2nd Inning -- "...loves to pound the green monster." Please, somebody slap this guy good. Love Millar's Amish Up look. Please someone just get the fuck on first base soon...

3rd Inning -- oh... Pain starting to build. I don't like this Sheffield guy. Your right that's a strike you bitch [c'mon Schilling you're really making me wish Pedro was up first -- he feeds of this crowd.! walk... godzilla is even worse... "Who's your daddy?" Schilling seems to be feeling the heat... Sweet Mercy.

4th Inning -- Another 5 up another 3 down. Sadness mixed with frustration begins to simmer. LesKanic? I'm not even sure I've seen him play... Jeter. Look at him. He's got that face that you just want to punch. I'm sure he could visciously pummel me into patty but still. Double play--exhale. oh! Inning should be over with but not. But is. I repeat please get at least one fuckin' guy on base.

5th Inning -- The moose is on fire. Slipping...

6th Inning -- Wakefield Headache. Again, I wonder how this game/series would have turned out if Pedro had pitched first.

7th Inning -- holy shit. A hit. C'mon Papi! holy shit... C'mon Amish Power! holy shit... gotta love 2 out runs. 2 more innings, 4 more runs.

Commercial -- Vote.



7th Inning -- Heart attack time. Go Papi! This 2 out shit's killing me. Holy shit! Papi hit a tripple? That must have been the fastest he's ever run in his life.

8th Inning -- Sorry about all the swearing. Sports can do this to most anyone... Especially a Red Sox fan. It's neccessary for the coping process. I am now swearing.

9th Inning -- Now's when sports can even get prayers to come to the lips of even the most Agnostic of us...

Typical. A very familiar game--takes you right up to that point of glory, and then drops you. But hey, not like we're not used to it...

No comments: