Devoted to My Many Whims

4/25/2005

Kids Power Out on Mars Space Orchid

Hey kids, wanna watch a funny show? It's called The Kids Show. See how that works out. Thank you, Mathew Tobey, I miss your mp3 blog -- why no updates for three months? That twised little show reminds me a lot of the dearly missed TV Funhouse -- the one that Comedy Central will hopefully release a dvd of some day...

What, more animation? How about that video for Arcade Fire's Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) -- it's well done if not a little boring in the mid-section. I can't help but think of those little hooded things from the first Star Wars movie. Thanks Stereogum.

And finally one from a special fellow (you're still making my firefox crash every time though)-- Space. No, it's not the new Daft Punk video, you ass. Sorry. I guess they're French -- and this was condsidered a hit in 1977 according to All Music. Via this place.

Which reminds me, I haven't updated what's been going on in the mix lately so let me give a small break down of some things you should give a listen to if you're so inclined. MIA's new cd Arular is pretty darn good for your booty. Ahem. Sam Prekop's Who's Your New Professor is a damn fine listen. And because they're suposedly playing the MFA sometime this summer I've been catching up on Mouse From Mars, and if you haven't, I suggest you do the same. And of course there's that new White Stripes single. Blue Orchid. Thanks you.

Ok, now I can go watch Primer and get some sleep. If all those links work -- amen.

No comments: