Devoted to My Many Whims

9/26/2004

[adult swim]

Ever since the heyday of Space Ghost and Cowboy Bebop I've been a bit in love with Adult Swim -- back when it was just late night Cartoon Network, and Home Movies was on UPN with Paula Poundstone. It was on one night of the week (Sunday), then repeated on a second night (Wednesday), then on two nights with action/anime on Sat and comedy on Sun, then everyday after 11. Now it's back to being a mixed bag, which I like most, and, anyway, what i'm trying to say is: it's even better than ever. This is because now there is The Venture Brothers.




I highly recommend this show. James Urbaniak, an actor from a few of Hal Hartley's movies plays the questionable Prof. Venture and best of all, Patrick Warburton (Puddy from Seinfeld/Tick tv show) plays the family bodyguard so very hilariioiusly deadpan in his very special experienced voice-over guy way. A bit of a twisted show but compared to Aqua Teen or Sealab or Brak it's pretty straight foward. I like it, and so should you, no really, I insist...

No comments: