Devoted to My Many Whims

8/18/2005

Thumbsucker


Okay, I know I've been pushing the book for the last couple months but now I know the website for the damn thing's out there. There's a different preview on the apple quicktime trailer thing -- as well as another one when you go into the Thumbsucker site. I'm sorry I'm a bit pissy but the Patriots just blew a gimme game -- I know it's preseason but what the hell? Anyway, the trailers are making me believe they might turn this beautiful book into a half decent movie. After watching these, I'm thinking the pot baby is going to be left out (I really never thought that such a disturbing thing would make it in anyway) as well as the gas station job, but I have a fondness for these actors and I'm liking the way the marketing is going -- it's not trying to turn it into somthing it's not (like that goddamn line that appears on imdb calling it the "next napoleon dynamite" -- I swear I'd give that person such a pinch). And I think these trailers give you enough to show you THIS HAS NOTHING IN COMMON WITH NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. Fuck, that took the rest of me out. So check out that first link -- the site is pretty cool and again, go read the book.

1 comment:

Edna Rodriguez said...

hey we can be lump buddies together! i'm still here. just cleaning out the o' blog. keep bombarding us with uber cool links :)