Devoted to My Many Whims

8/11/2005

Subtractions, Additions, Retractions...

Those ads, yeah, I figure if I can get 10 bucks a year -- hey, that'll be worth the ten minutes it took me to put them up there... Also, I find it funny seeing what parts of the blog the ads decide to focus upon to gear themselves towards. Anyway, the subtractions took place on my Netflix queue so that I could get that little sidebar feature back up and going again. There's a couple places there where you can click and see what 400+ movies made the cut and you can click on any of the movies to get their repective official page. And if you have a Netflix account feel free to send me an email if you want to do that whole Netflix Friends thing.

As far as retractions go, I must say I'm smelling bad things coming from Brothers Grimm. I'd been pretty psyched about this movie for a long time -- I mean, shit, it's a new Gilliam movie -- cause enough for celebration. But now more and more word is leaking out that this is a strictly for the $$$ endeavour on Terry's part and the Weinsteins have taken most of his personal touches off the thing. Criminy...

But you see the flip side to this thing is that now matter how sub-par the movie is I still want to see the thing do boffo box office. For if this happens it could bring about the things that should have happened years ago -- Terry can get together enough money to buy back the rights to the Don Quixote project, get Good Omens back on it's feet -- and maybe even enough good will in Hollywood to direct a Harry Potter movie like he always should have (though I hear the latter books are more his material anyway) which is sure way to get some of his personal projects off the ground.

So hear's hoping your oppertunity to cash in is successfull Terry -- even if it's not the movie you wanted to make in the first place -- so that you may be able to make the movies you 've always wanted to make in the first place.

No comments: