Devoted to My Many Whims

12/31/2004

The Return of Opus

I rarely get the Sunday edition of The Boston Globe, I'm not much for clipping coupons and really the whole thing is just a bitch to throw away for the small amount of info it provides. But I happened upon one the other week and much to my suprise, right on the front page is a new comic strip by Mr. Berkeley Breathed, this time simply titled Opus. Over the years there was only two daily newspaper comic strips that I enjoyed. Most of them are barely tolerable. These were Calvin & Hobbes and the Pulitzer-Prize winning Bloom County. Oh, and The Far Side was pretty good too. Anyway, I was pretty happy to see it and so I checked out www.berkeleybreathed.com and it seems that Opus came back a little while before the election.

Click to enlarge


Anyway, I thought that was worth pointing out. Also there's a movie in the works, allegedly to be completely cgi. This is a dicey propostition but I always felt the A Wish For Wings The Work TV special could have become a holiday staple much like A Christmas Story and the rest of those cartoons.

Here's one more dealing with the ol' anxiety closet... WHAT'S IN GW's ANXIETY CLOSET

No comments: