Devoted to My Many Whims

12/24/2004

Dump Tanks and Skull Island

I know, this is old news, but I've just recently gotten back into checking up on Kongisking.net -- the place to go to for info on Peter Jackson's King Kong remake. It's been up for a few months now posting these sometimes interesting, sometimes funny (Jack Black), "production diary" videos. I never watched any of these videos I guess Mr. Jackson also made during Lord of the Rings (I have much more anticipation for this king kong than I did for the hobbits) but these little videos are a pretty great if you have any interest in movie making. Or any interest in on-set antics of Jack Black. And I have a fondness for both so... Anyway, there are about 30 of these things on there now so it's a good way to waste an hour or so if you want to. You get a very deep insight into how a production of this ginormous size is run, from a look at some of the smaller aspects like the creation and placement of fake animal poo, to the creation of a fake ocean storm. But the tantalizing thing of it all is you get a good idea of the aformentioned ginormity of this movie and how cool it all could be. And yes, Jack Black is always "on" when a camera is in front of him. Click on the big ape.



p.s. -- new Sin City trailer here

No comments: